Carrying out UVV driver training is one of the central duties of fleet management. It does not matter how much experience the drivers have in handling vehicles and in road traffic. Some employers use a sample in PDF format for the UVV driver training and invite their employees to attend classroom training. This usually involves a great deal of coordination and time. Digital instruction, on the other hand, is much less complicated. When companies decide to e-learning in the vehicle fleet, employees can work through the UVV topic at their own pace and also have the and also have the opportunity to view and practise the content of the instructions again and again. view and practise the contents of the instructions.
Why is UVV driver training important?
UVV driver training is an important part of fleet safety and is required by law. According to AUnder the German Occupational Health and Safety Act (ArbSchG) and the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV), the employer is obliged to provide regular and comprehensive instruction on operation and safety to all employees who drive a vehicle as part of their work in the vehicle fleet. In our article“Your duties in the fleet: Driver instruction in accordance with UVV“, we explain the most important basics.
The instruction is designed to increase road safety for employees and help prevent potential accidents. Drivers, for example, are employed in the correct operation and handling of the vehicle and the applicable traffic regulations . In addition, eInstruction according to UVV Employees prepare for possible hazardous situations and give them the skills to master such situations safely. Training can also help to reduce fuel consumption and minimize environmental impact. Employees learn how to drive the vehicle efficiently and how to carry out vehicle maintenance in accordance with regulations.
What is the template for UVV driver training and what content is trained?
The content of the instruction can vary depending on the vehicle and area of use and must be adapted individually depending on the requirements and hazards in the vehicle fleet. Many fleet managers usually use a sample in PDF format for the UVV driver instruction. In the next section, we will look at whether this is really sufficient or whether a driver instruction e-learning course is more advisable. Now let’s take a look at the elements of instruction that fleet management should always consider:
- Operation of the vehicle: Drivers receive instruction on the correct operation of the vehicle, including the controls, instruments and safety equipment. The handling of electric vehicles must also be dealt with separately, as electrically powered vehicles have different control and safety features than company cars with diesel engines, for example.
- Security: This section is dedicated to road safety and how to behave in various traffic situations and in the event of accidents or traffic jams. This also includes the use of seat belts, the correct seating position and the correct behavior in emergencies. Load securing also plays an important role when luggage or other cargo needs to be transported.
- Traffic rules: Drivers must be informed about the applicable traffic rules and road regulations. This also includes right of way and distance rules, speed limits and rules for overtaking.
- Maintenance and care: The driver instruction contains instructions on how to carry out maintenance and care of the vehicle, including checking tire pressure, oil level and brakes.
The following must be observed for a sample UVV driver instruction
As already mentioned, many fleet managers use a template for UVV driver training. We have also put together such a template for instruction in the form of a checklist. But is such a sample sufficient? In general, we do not recommend simply providing instructions using a sample PDF.
Instead of laboriously working their way through the legal requirements and compiling the content themselves, fleet managers should opt for digital driver training via an e-learning course. This way, you can be sure that the content has been prepared correctly and complies with legal standards. Anyone who prepares training independently must also check that it is up to date before each training session and ensure that participation and the test results are documented for each employee in a legally compliant manner.
Working with a template for UVV driver training therefore involves a great deal of organization. In addition to compiling the content, participants need to be coordinated, rooms booked and documentation ensured. Digital driver training takes the strain off drivers and fleet managers.
Advantages of driver instruction via e-learning course
Digital UVV driver training offers employees the advantage of being flexible in terms of both time and location . This means that training can be carried out conveniently from home, in the office or on the move. Another advantage of digital solutions via e-learning is,
that they are very effective.
By using animations, images and other visualization methods, content can be conveyed more easily than in conventional on-site training courses. Participants can also check their learning progress at any time. In today’s world, where digitalization is becoming increasingly important, digital accident prevention training offers many advantages for employees and fleet managers in terms of efficiency and safety.
- Time saving: One of the biggest advantages of a digital UVV is the time saved. Compared to traditional, face-to-face training, digital UVV training can be completed by employees from the comfort of their own home or at the company. This eliminates long travel times for the drivers and the fleet management does not have to spend time organizing face-to-face training.
- FlexibilityAnother advantage of digital UVV driver training is its flexibility. Participants can complete the UVV training at any time and any place, as long as they have access to the Internet. This means that the training can also be carried out during working hours in the company without restricting the workflow. This also pleases the fleet manager.
- TraceabilityAnother advantage of digital driver training in accordance with the UVV is traceability. As the training is documented digitally, fleet management can track who has completed the driver training and when this took place at any time. This allows the employer to ensure that all employees receive regular training and that the training is available at all times. are detectable.
- Up-to-dateness: In the case of classroom training, the content has to be laboriously compiled by the fleet management itself based on a template for driver instruction in accordance with UVV. With e-learning training, on the other hand, the content is already up to date and in line with legal requirements. Drivers are therefore always trained in the content required by law.
Digital driver instruction
All drivers receive flexible training in the safe handling of vehicles and how to behave in the event of accidents via an e-learning course. The results are demonstrably saved.
Our conclusion for digital driver instruction
The UVV driver training is required by law, but does not have to involve a lot of effort. In contrast to face-to-face training in seminar rooms, training via an e-learning course offers numerous advantages for fleet managers and drivers. Because instead of relying on a template for UVV driver instruction, digital instruction ensures flexibility and relief in day-to-day fleet operations.
The most important facts about the UVV driver instruction sample
Download UVV Fahrerunterweisung
Laden Sie sich hier unsere kostenfreie Vorlage für die Fahrerunterweisung nach UVV herunter.
"*" indicates required fields
Further fleet knowledge
If you liked this article and would like to know more about this topic, we recommend these articles.